Best Warmest Hunting Boots (October 2017) – Reviews & Buying Guide
Hunters target different terrains according to their passion. The ones targeting cold and harsh terrains need to keep their body and feet warm to hold fast in the hunt. Wet and cold feet minimize the dexterity of the hunter and compromise his performance.
Hunters venture into the deadliest territories in search of prey. The only peril is not dangerous animals. A prerequisite is to protect the feet from getting chilled. Cold and frigid feet can affect the hunter’s ability to aim an accurate shot at the prey.
I am reviewing here the best top 10 warmest hunting boots of 2017. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Warmest Hunting Boots 2017 - Comparison Table
|LM Men's Winter Snow Boots WaterProof Insulated 1001||Check Price||Leather||Rubber|
|Wolverine Men's Sightline High 7 Inch Hunting Boot||Check Price||Leather & Nylon||Rubber|
|Northside Men's Renegade 400 Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot||Check Price||Leather||Rubber|
|Kamik Men's Hunter Snow Boots & Toe warmers Bundle||Check Price||Synthetic||Synthetic|
|Bogs Men's Classic High Camo Winter Snow Boot||Check Price||Rubber||Rubber|
|Guide Gear Men's Monolithic Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boots 2400 Gram||Check Price||Leather & Nylon||Rubber|
|Irish Setter Men's 2870 Vaprtrek Waterproof 8" Hunting Boot||Check Price||Synthetic||Rubber|
|Rocky Men's Blizzard Stalker Pro Mobu Hunting Boot||Check Price||Leather & Textile||Rubber|
|LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro 18" 1000G Hunting Shoes||Check Price||Neoprene/ Rubber||Rubber|
|The Original MuckBoots Unisex Woody Max Boot||Check Price||Rubber & Textile||Rubber|
LM Men's Winter Snow Boots WaterProof Insulated 1001 - Best Cold Weather Hunting Boot
- The boot is composed of leather.
- The height of the boot is 10 inches.
- The rubber sole resists against slipping.
- The lace-up closure helps in quick adjustment
- The boots keep your feet snug in cold climate.
The L&M boots combat cold in a right way. These boots are manufactured with leather. The boot is available in four different shades so you can have your pick according to your taste. The boots are waterproof. So the hunter does not have to worry about wetting his feet. The rubber sole provides resistance to oil and slipping. The grooves in the sole offer sufficient traction on rugged terrain. The lace-up closure helps quick and swift adjustment of the feet in the boots. The tongue and insole of the boot keep the hunter’s feet warm and cozy in snow trekking.
- Warm in snowy weather.
- Oil & Slip Resistance.
- Not enough waterproof.
- The boots are composed of 75% leather and 25% nylon.
- The boots bear a rubber sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is mid calf.
- The Wolverine PC waterproof silver lining keeps the hunter waterproof.
- There is 3m thick 200 grams Thinsulate insulation which keeps the hunter’s feet warm.
- The footbed and molded EVA midsole provides comfort and cushioning to the feet.
- There is a nylon shank.
- The rubber lug outsole provides exceptional traction on rugged terrains.
The Wolverine boots provide insulation against cold climate. The upper is made from leather that is waterproof and diesel mesh nylon that withstands abrasions. The upper of the boots is highly durable. The Wolverine PC Dry silver waterproof lining holds against any level of water and keeps your feet warm and dry. There is a 200 grams Thinsulate insulation that keeps your feet warm without increasing the weight of the boot.
The nylon shank helps in stabilizing and provide additional support. The boot incorporates cement construction which is lightweight and flexible. The lightweight boots increase the agility of the hunter. Thus the hunter can tread through snow without weighing his feet heavy.
- Incredibly Warm.
- Only available in one color shade.
- The boots are composed of leather.
- There is a rubber sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is approximately 8 inches.
- The upper of the boot is composed of 9.5-inch leather which is distressed and nylon.
- The boot is equipped with 400 grams of thermolite insulation.
- There is an EVA midsole that is compression molded and lightweight.
- The boot is equipped with a PVC mudguard and heel stabilizer.
- The moisture wicking lining keeps the feet dry and healthy.
The Northside boots provide super warmth in the snowy climate. The upper of the boot is composed of distressed leather and nylon. It increases toughness and durability of the boots. The thermolite insulation of the boots has a cold rating of -40 degrees. The boots are excellent waterproof. The moisture wicking lining passes out the moisture produced due to sweat, so your feet stay dry and healthy.
The EVA midsole keeps your feet comfortable in long hour hunting adventures. The rubber sole provides excellent traction and grip. The Northside boots withstand extremely harsh temperature. The PVC mudguard and heel stabilizer add to the performance of the hunter.
- Combat frigid weather.
- Not designed for extremely harsh cold climate.
- The boots are made up of synthetic material.
- There is a synthetic sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is about 13 inches.
- The measurement of the heel is about 1.25 inch.
- The measurement of the boot opening is about 15.5 inches round.
- The boots bear a rating of -40 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
- There is an 8mm thick thermal guard liner.
- The boot bears an adjustable snow collar.
- The Explorer TPR outsole provides the best traction.
The Kamik boot provides a reliable shield against harsh winter weather. The snow collar allows the hunter to adjust the boot accordingly. The Explorer TPR outsole provides excellent grip and traction essential for the wet and cold terrain.
The Kamik boot holds against harsh climate. The boot has a -40 degrees Fahrenheit temperature rating. The boots are strong and sturdy. The durability of the boot is magnificent. The boot is 100% waterproof and keeps your feet dry. The Thermal guard liner keeps your feet and toes toasty. The two layers pass the sweat produced out and keeps the feet dry and warm.
- Protection from harsh cold weather.
- Not enough waterproof.
- The boots are made of rubber.
- There is a rubber sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is approximately 14 inches.
- The measurement of the heel is about 1 inch.
- The measurement of the platform is about 0.5 inch.
- The opening of the boot is about 16 inches round.
- The insole of the boot is anti-odor protection.
- The outsole of the boot is slip resistant and self-cleaning.
- The boots are guaranteed waterproof.
- There is a moisture wicking sock liner.
- The boot has an internal shank.
The Bogs Men boots are an excellent shield in foul weather. It can withstand temperature up to -40 degree Fahrenheit. The durability of the boots is splendid. The moisture wicking lining passes out the sweat produced in feet and toes and render the boots breathable. The rubber outsole is non-marking and provides traction on snowy and wet surfaces. It does not only resist slipping and tripping, but also it is self-cleaning.
Additional support is provided through the inner shank. The insole inhibits bacterial growth thus killing bad odor produced due to sweat. The boots are completely waterproof. Your feet will stay dry even in puddles and wet terrains. The inner bootie has four-way stretch.
- Withstand chilled climate.
- A little break-in time required.
- The upper of the boot is composed of suede leather and 900 denier nylon material.
- The rubber lug outsole maintains the grip on uneven terrain.
- The boot is provided with a rubber toe, heel cap, and a synthetic side rand to enhance durability and protection to the hunter.
- There is an EVA insole for the boots.
- The mesh lining provides excellent breathability.
- There are 2400 grams of Thinsulate Ultra Insulation to block out cold.
- The padded tongue and collar provide extra protection from debris and frost.
- There is a rear pull on loop.
- The boot has a steel shank.
- The speed lacing allows swift and speedy lacing mechanism.
- The height of the boot is 12 inches.
The Guide Gear boots provide ultimate protection from cold weather. The 2400 grams Thinsulate Ultra insulation barricades cold completely. These boots are known to withstand the bone chilling cold weather. The boots are excellent waterproof. Moisture wicking mesh lining regulates moisture produced by sweat and keeps the feet dry. The mesh linings allow breathability so that your long hour expeditions are not spoiled due to soggy feet.
The outsole resists oil and slipping. The outsole is designed to provide the hunter with the traction he demands in rough and tough terrain.The EVA insole is mesh lined and removable. It provides comfort along with breathability. The boot is targeted for extreme rough climate hunting.
- Ultimate protection from bone chilling cold weather.
- Heavy for some hunters.
Irish Setter Men's 2870 Vaprtrek Waterproof 8" Hunting Boot - (Best Winter Hunting Boot)
- The boot is composed of synthetic material.
- There is a rubber sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is approximately 7 inches.
- The ScentBan technology inhibits bad odor.
- The UltraDry waterproof system keeps your feet dry and waterproof.
- The RPM composite technology makes the boot lightweight and increases durability.
The Irish Setter boots have outclassed technologies to withstand tough cold climate. The RPM technology considerably reduces the weight of the boots and increments the durability and strength manifolds. The Scent Ban technology does not allow the growth of bacteria that produces bad smell. Thus your feet will not stink after wearing these boots for long hours.
The UltraDry system regulates moisture produced due to stress and keeps your feet dry and comfortable. The Irish Setter boots are equipped with all the technologies to maintain the performance of the hunter up to the mark.
- Withstand cold temperature.
- Inhibits bad odor.
- Only available in one color.
- The boot is composed of leather and textile material.
- The sole of the boot is made up of rubber.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is 9.5 inches.
- The measurement of the heel is about 1.5 inches.
- The platform is about 1 inch.
- The lacing up mechanism is swift and easy.
- The rubber vamp is highly durable.
- There is a padded collar and extended tongue for extra protection.
- The PU footbed has a mesh lining and is removable.
- The BlizzardStalker outsole is multidirectional and provides remarkable stability and traction.
- The boot is equipped with 1200 grams of Thinsulate Ultra insulation.
- The boot incorporates Rocky Waterproof system.
The Rocky hunting boots work the best to block out the chilling weather. The boots are composed of leather and textile material that resists wear and tear. The Thinsulate Ultra insulation lining is lightweight but blocks out cold effectively. Hence the hunter can tread in the snow with confidence.
The boot has a padded collar and extended tongue to enable added protection from cold. The PU footbed provides added comfort to the feet. The mesh lining in the footbed provides ample breathability so that you can wear the boots for a long time. The rubber vamp is highly durable and supports the feet and shelters against cold.
The Rocky Waterproof system guarantees waterproofness. It circulates the air but also blocks water from entering the boots. The BlizzardStalker outsole provides multidirectional traction and grip over uneven terrain. So these boots keep the feet dry and toasty in frosty weather.
- Excellent protection from cold weather.
- Not comfortable on rocky mountains and pointed hills.
- The boot is composed of neoprene/ rubber.
- There is a rubber sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is about 16 inches.
- The embossed liner evaporates sweat and keeps feet dry and healthy.
- The boot can be easily pulled on and off. The gusset helps in adjustment.
- The double layer vamp enhances durability and strength of the boots.
- There is an EVA midsole.
- The nylon shank provides added protection.
- The Thinsulate Ultra Insulation keeps the feet warm without increasing the weight of the boot.
The LaCrosse boots are manufactured with high-quality rubber. The rubber is hand laid over neoprene that is insulated. The boot incorporates multiple layers of rubber in the key areas of the boot. The toe and heel area supports three layers of fine rubber. The instep has two layers of rubber. Thus durability of these boots s commendable. The boots are also scent-free.
The embossed neoprene liner helps circulate air so that the moisture produced due to sweat can be passed out. The hunter’s feet does not get sweaty and hot. The neoprene gusset helps adjust a variety of calf sizes in the boot. The neoprene keeps the boot waterproof and comfortable. The footbed provides additional cushioning to the feet.
The boot has a 1000 grams Thinsulate Ultra Insulation that keeps the feet toasty in freezing climate up to -60 Fahrenheit. This boot is an excellent partner in cold weather hunting adventures.
The tread pattern on the outsole provides excellent traction in rough and tough terrains. The Chamfered edges in the outsole discard mud and snow and keep the hunter fast on the track.
- Protection from cold climate.
- Not snake proof.
The Original MuckBoots Unisex Woody Max Boot - Best Warm Hunting Boot On Our List
- The boot is composed of rubber and textile.
- There is a rubber sole.
- The warm fleece lining keeps the feet snug.
- There is a 2mm thick thermal foam beneath the footbed.
- The 5 mm thick CR flex foam provide comfort and support to the feet.
- The EVA midsole is contoured and molded.
- There is MS-1 molded outsole provides traction and slip resistance.
- The boot guarantees waterproofness.
- The reinforced toe protects the toe and fingers from injuries.
- The Airmesh linings keep the boot breathable.
The MuckBoots have a good name in hunting boots industry. The neoprene shell ensures 100% waterproofness. The air mesh lining regulates the moisture produces due to sweat. It keeps the air circulating inside the boot so that the feet keeps dry in long hour hunting adventures.
The boots provide warmth to the feet and leg even in below zero climates. The thermal foam prevents the feet from freezing. The CR Flex-foam makes the hunting adventure comfortable. The outsole provides traction, grip, and slip resistance in difficult terrains.
- Protection from chilling weather.
- Not enough waterproof.
- A bit expensive for some.
All the warm hunting boots discussed above have built up an excellent reputation over the course of years. It is of paramount importance to pick the right warm hunting boot before walking into a snowy peak or wet terrain. As the hunter is so close to mother nature, the boots should be robust to withstand the harshness of climate and environmental conditions. Put deliberate effort in your homework before actually going out in search of prey.
Buyer’s Guide - How to Choose Cold Weather Hunting Boots
We are here to guide you in your warmest hunting boots hunt. Different characteristics have to be considered, of which the most important are discussed below. The hunter should give proper thought and decipher the determinants before investing into the hunting boots. One should not buy the hunting boots in a hurry. Otherwise, the whole hunting experience will be a fiasco.
The following guidelines will help you make your hunting endeavor successful and enjoyable.
Warmth & Insulation:
The primary thing to consider is the insulation offered by the pair of boots. It is of utmost importance to protect the hunter’s feet from frostbites. The boots are designed to keep your feet toasty even in a subzero temperature climate. The Thinsulate Ultra insulation is inserted into the boots. It is lightweight and imparts insulation to the boots manifolds. It blocks external cold from getting inside the boot.
Hence your feet are kept warm and snug in the cold climate without adding extra weight to the boots. Different grams of insulation are inserted in the boots to combat different levels of frost. 400 - 800 grams insulation is incorporated to withstand average cold while 1000 grams and above insulation is added to tackle the extremely harsh cold weather.
It is crucial for winter hunting boots to be waterproof. Waterproof boots do not let the external water seep into the boot hence the hunter’s feet stay dry. Wet and soggy feet can distract the hunter and divert his attention from the actual course of action. As the hunter has to tread in the snow for long hours, the boots should be equipped with the mechanism to keep the feet dry.
The Ultradry waterproof system is installed to keep water at bay. In cold climate, it is indispensable to keep the feet warm otherwise the hunter’s feet will freeze.
It is a dire necessity to provide dependable traction in snowy peaks. The sole of the hunting boots is designed to prevent slipping and tripping. The grip of the boot on the snow and wet surface should be reliable.
The outsole bears a lot of grooves which help the hunter to stay on his feet on very uneven surfaces. The sole should be durable. It should not weather away in rough terrain. The self-cleaning outsoles help more. The mud, snow, and debris are shed away by the sole as the hunter tread through the rough terrain.
Along with insulation, waterproofness, and traction, comfort is vital. The hunter’s feet get exhausted by treading in boots for long hours. You should make sure that comfort features are incorporated in the construction of the boots.
The insole and footbed should be designed to provide cushioning and comfort to the feet. Padded tongue and collars are provided for additional comfort. All these measures are taken to prevent the hunter’s feet from getting fatigued.
Pick the Best Winter Hunting Boots - Video
Apart from all the factors mentioned above, the warm hunting boots should be cost effective. All the added properties should not hike the price. The camouflage of the boots should also be effective. It should mask the hunter in the terrain. So the hunter can impeccably approach the prey. The durability and breathability of the warmest hunting boots should also be fantastic.
Go and buy the hunting boot according to the demands of your hunting terrain.
Have a good hunt!