Best Selling Hunting Boot Reviews (December 2017)
Hunting demands state of the art gear.
Sophisticated gear leads to the success of a hunting expedition.
What’s the most important component in the hunting gear besides a gun?
The Hunting Boots!
Boots play a vital role in the success of hunting expedition. Protecting the feet from gnarliest of environments is of utmost importance.
The hunting boots are your best mates when you are so close to the mother nature. Different terrains offer different challenges. To cope with all these challenges, hunting boots are equipped with the technologies to satisfy the hunter’s needs.
I am here to help you in your exploration. Here’s a list of my best hunting boots of 2017. I will be discussing the strengths and weaknesses. So this guide will serve as your homework.
Top 10 Best Hunting Boots 2017 - Comparison Table
|Rocky Men's 8 Inch Retraction 800G Hunting Boot||Check Price||Leather & Textile||Synthetic|
|Wolverine Men's Archer 8 Inch Insulated Waterproof Hunting Boot||Check Price||Textile||Rubber|
|Kenetrek Men's Mountain Extreme Ni Hunting Boot||Check Price||Leather||Rubber
|Bogs Men's Sitka Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot||Check Price||Textile & Synthetic||Rubber
|Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8” Uninsulated Hunting Boot||Check Price||Leather, Cordura||Rubber|
|Lowa Mens Tibet GTX Hi||Check Price||Nubuck Leather||VIBRAM MASAI|
|COLUMBIA MEN’S BUGABOOT™ PLUS III OMNI-HEAT™ CAMO BOOT||Check Price||Leather, Nylon, Webbing and Metal Hardware||Omni-Grip Non-Marking Traction Rubber|
|Original MuckBoots Adult FieldBlazer||Check Price||Extended Rubber with Topline||Aggressive Waffle High Traction|
|LaCrosse Hunting Boots||Check Price||Rubber with Neoprene||Burly Outsole|
|Irish Setter Men's Elk Tracker 886 800 Gram||Check Price||Nylon||Bull’s Eye AirBob Aggressive|
1 - Rocky Men's 8 Inch Retraction 800G Hunting Boot - (Light Hunting Expedition Boots)
- The composition of the upper of the boot is leather and textile material.
- The upper of the boot contains full grain leather and nylon material.
- The sole is made up of synthetic material.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is approximately 8 inches.
- There is a guaranteed Rocky waterproof system installed in the boots.
- There is a 3m Thinsulate insulation weighing 800 grams.
- The strobel/cemented construction of the boot provides flexibility, lightweight, and comfort.
- The shank of the boot is made up of nylon material.
- The footbed returns energy to the foot, and it bears memory foam.
- The outsole of the boot is made up of rubber.
These boots are targeted for light hunting expeditions. They are not meant for extremely harsh climates. These boots make you feel very comfortable and provide good support to the feet.
The Rocky waterproof mechanism blocks out water thus keeping the hunting experience safe. The breathability is ample and prevents fatigue. The footbed provides cushioning and comfort to the foot. The outsole makes the boots anti-slippery. You can buy these high-quality boots at an affordable cost.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Not suitable for extreme cold or arctic hunting.
2 - Wolverine Men's Archer 8 Inch Insulated Waterproof Hunting Boot - (Forest Hunting Boots )
- These boots are made up of textile material.
- There is a rubber sole for maximized traction and stability.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is 8 inches.
- The measurement of the heel is about 2 inches.
- The measurement of the platform is approximately 1.5 inches.
- The footbed is equipped with EPX technology. It is anti-fatigue and removable.
- The upper of the boot bears RealTree camouflage.
- The midsole of the boot is EVA layer which is thin and compression molded.
- The outsole of the boot is also camo wrapped.
- The ribbed spine of the outsole offers flexibility, and the honeycomb pattern on the heel is a shock absorber and provides traction.
- The upper of the boots is waterproof, and breathability rate is good. Your feet will stay dry.
- The boot bears a 3 mm layer of Thinsulate Ultra insulation (800 grams).
These boots are manufactured in an excellent way. The boot is strong and sturdy. It will withstand any harsh environment. The boot structure provides ample traction. The support and stability factor of the boots is commendable.
The EPX technology lets you wear these boots on long hunting trails without exhausting your feet. The EVA midsole provides excellent cushioning from the heel to the toe of the feet. The Thinsulate lining resists water and keeps your feet cozy and dry in the boots.
This boot will surely make your hunting experience memorable whether it’s summers or winters.
- Not for rocky mountains.
3 - Kenetrek Men's Mountain Extreme Ni Hunting Boot - (Extreme Mountain Hunting Boots)
- The upper of the boots is manufactured with 2.8mm thick layer of high-quality premium full grain leather.
- There is a rubber outsole which provides fabulous traction to the hunter.
- The midsole of the boots is 7mm thick layer of nylon.
- There is a reinforced rubber sole guard in the boots that inhibits wearing off the sole in a better way.
- The breathability is targeted with the wind-tex membrane. This membrane is flexible and allows sweat to leave but resists water from entering the boot.
- The K-talon outsoles are light in weight and offer outstanding traction.
These boots are designed in a way to target extreme mountain hunting. Their composition lets the hunter enjoy rugged terrain hunting with minimalistic hindrance. The boots will give you no blisters even in harsh mountain hunting trails. The feet feel comfortable and fit in the boot in an excellent way.
The upper of the boots is made with one piece vamp. There are no seams down the length of the tongue. This whole composition provides excellent resistant against scraping. These boots are guaranteed waterproof.
The midsole provides added support and stability especially when you are hunting with heavy backpacks on your back.
The K-talon outsoles offer increased balance and stability of the hunter in rough trails.
The performance of the boots is commendable.
4 - Bogs Men's Sitka Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot - (Fundamental Winter Hunting Boots)
- The composition of the boots is textile and synthetic material.
- The sole of the boot is made of rubber.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is about 16 inches.
- The heel measures approximately 1.5 inches.
- The boot opening is 16 inches which provide a wide area to a variety of calf sizes.
- There is 8mm thick insulation of neo techlite technology. It helps to keep the feet warm.
- The boots support bogs max-wick lining to provide a comprehensive moisture management system.
- The boot is surrounded with 600 grams of Thinsulate. It keeps the feet warm and cozy.
- The boots are designed to combat harsh cold weather with neolite technology.
- The boot is equipped with Scent combat biotechnology to inhibit microbial growth and thus prevents bad odor.
- The outsole has a rebound technology. It helps in providing stability and added comfort to the hunter.
The Bog’s men boots allow comfort and convenience along with the top attributes. These boots are designed to target frosty and frigid climate. The Bogs max-wick lining allows breathability, manages sweat in a better way, thus keeps your feet dry as well as comfortable.
There is a 3mm thick lining of waterproof snow cuffs along with high-quality fleece which helps block out cold and water. So your feet will be warm in extremely cold climate.
The Bog’s men boots won’t be heavy in your pocket.
These boots will be a smart aid in catching your prey easily.
- Equipped to combat harsh cold weather.
- Not suitable for summer hunting.
5 - Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8” Uninsulated Hunting Boot - (Moderate Season Hunting Boots)
- The Danner men’s boots are manufactured with Camo Hide leather, 1000 Denier nylon, and Cordura.
- The sole is made up of rubber.
- The boots bear toe and heel cap made up of full grain leather to provide extra protection to the feet from injury.
- Its rugged hardware enhances the performance of the boots.
- The boots have a GORE-TEX lining. It offers sufficient resistance to water. It also contributes to the breathability of the boots.
- There is an Ortholite footbed made up of polyurethane. It bears open cells and is triple times dense to enhance cushioning and regulate breathability.
- The outsole is Danner Pronghorn. It provides excellent traction and avoids tripping and slipping.
- The Danner’s Terra Force platform contributes to support and stability but keeps the boots lightweight.
The Danner men’s hunting boots are designed in a way to equip the hunter with the best possible technologies to aid in hunting in all kinds of terrains. The composition of the boots enhances the durability while keeping the weight of the boots light. The waterproofness is guaranteed along with breathability.
The uninsulated boots are designed for active hunting endeavors. These boots are meant for the trails where the hunter has to walk lots and lots of miles.
The Danner men’s boots won’t let you down.
- High durability.
- Not intended for harsh weather hunting endeavors.
6 - Lowa Men’s Tibet GTX Hi - (Top Toughest Terrain Hunting Boot)
- The upper of the boot is Nubuck Leather.
- The lining of the boot is GORE-TEX. It provides maximum resistance to water.
- The boot is equipped with an exclusive C4 tongue that enhances the cushioning and comfort to the boot while treading and hunting.
- The boots are equipped with climate control technology. The moisture management allows the boot to keep the feet dry in warm weather and preserves heat in cold weather.
- The outsole of the boot is VIBRAM MASAI. It provides excellent traction in a variety of habitats.
- The to-the-toe lacing technique holds the foot firmly in its place without exerting pressure on the toes.
- The midsole is PU with SPS Cushion. It absorbs shock to the maximum extent and keeps the feet safe from injury and fatigue.
These boots are designed to make your hunting experience memorable in a variety of habitats. The construction and designing of the boot are equipped with the top class technologies to provide stability and comfort in long hunting trails in roughest terrains. The boots are commendable in durability and breathability.
- Targeted for roughest terrains.
7 - MEN’S BUGABOOT™ PLUS III OMNI-HEAT™ CAMO BOOT - (Warmest Hunting Boots)
- The boot is available in two camouflage colors: Mossy Oak and black.
- Construction of these boots is high-quality leather, nylon, webbing and metal hardware. All these elements render these boots best for snow hunting.
- The midsole is Techlight. It is light in weight, provides excellent cushioning, and high energy boost up to the feet.
- The outsole of the boot is Omni-Grip Rubber. It is non-marking and provides excellent traction to the wearer.
- The boot bears Techlite Shell. The Construction of these boots has rendered them waterproof. It also keeps the feet warm while hunting in snow mountains.
- The lining of the boot is Omni-heat reflective lining. It preserves heat and keeps the feet warm.
- There is 200 grams insulation. These boots are rated at temperature -25F/-32C.
These boots will be your best friends while treading in snowy mountains. They are equipped with all the technologies to keep your feet warm and dry in extremely chilled climate. So that you can enjoy your hunting without hurting your feet. The boots are breathable, and durability is excellent. You can wear them for a long time without exhausting your feet. These boots are guaranteed waterproof.
- Best suited for snow mountains.
- High durability.
- Not for warm area hunting.
- A little costly.
8 - The Original MuckBoots Adult FieldBlazer Hunting Boot - (Best Hunting Boots for Rugged Terrains)
- The construction of the boot is rubber and fabric. There is a 5 mm thick layer of neoprene.
- The breathability of boots is provided with mesh lining.
- The boots bear a rubber sole. It is best for providing traction.
- The boots are knee high which shelters the foot and shin effectively.
- Available in two colors: brown and mossy oak break-up camo.
- It features Realtree shaft which provides resistance against water.
- The midsole of the boots is Achilles reinforced. It attenuates moisture and shock.
- There is a reinforced shank. It protects the shin of the leg from injuries.
- The outsole of the boot is aggressive waffle high traction which prevents slipping and falling.
- These boots are valuable in a variety of habitats.
The MuckBoots have their name for providing top quality product to the customers. The Muck Boots company has designed the boots in a way to provide maximum stability, durability, and breathability to the hunter. The boots will not overheat the hunter’s feet. The waterproofness is good. The boots are adequately comfortable. The Muck Boots will never let you down.
- Suitable for hunting in dry as well as cold habitats.
- High durability.
- The heel is vulnerable to weathering.
9 - LaCrosse Hunting Boots - (Lightweight Hunting Boots)
- These boots are manufactured from the synthetic material.
- The boots are available in black color and different shades of Realtree pattern.
- The Alpha technology is incorporated that enhances durability manifolds. The premium rubber is combined with natural neoprene.
- The boots are designed to provide maximum resistance to water. Rubber is laid with hand over 7mm thick layer of neoprene.
- There is a gusset at the back of the boots and a strap to fit the feet in a better way.
- Additional shin guard protects the shin of leg and enhances the durability of the boots.
- The boots possess ankle-fit mechanism. The slippage of heels is prevented.
- It is easy to put on and off these boots.
- The protective toe cap cushions the toe and shields against rocks.
- The grooves in the outsole offer maximum traction in snow and mud.
- The footbed is composed of Polyurethane. It is removable, provide better cushioning and act as a barrier against water.
- The boots are designed to target long-time hunting.
LaCrosse hunting boots are one of the best regarding comfort, stability, durability, and breathability. The lacrosse boots support you in winters as well as summers. The camouflage pattern is suitable for all varieties of habitats.The sole permit the hunter to adventure in rough and tough terrain without worrying about falling and slipping.
These boots are comfortable than other rubber hunting boots. Rubber absorbs scent so that you won’t be leaving human scent around in the field.
The gusset and strap allow a variety of calf sizes to be adjusted in the boots.
The ankle-fit mechanism helps the feet to adjust in the boots in a better way.
These boots will withstand the harsh cold weather and won’t let you down in sweltering heat also. You can buy these boots for long term hunting purpose as the quality of the boots is fairly good.
- Better waterproof mechanism.
- High durability as compared to other competitors.
- Comfortable and fit better.
- Heel slippage avoided.
- Not for Arctic region hunting.
10 - Irish Setter Men's Elk Tracker 886 800 Gram Hunting Boot - (Heavyweight Hunting Boots)
- These heavyweight boots are targeted for toughest terrains.
- The boots bear synthetic sole.
- The boots are manufactured with nylon that is waterproof and resists against scratching and peeling off boots.
- The camouflage pattern is Mossy Oak Breakup country. The design blends you in the environment in a better way.
- The shaft measures 9.5 inches from the arch.
- The boots bear a 10-inch lace-up design.
- The PrimaLoft insulation shelters against water and mud. It repels water to the maximum extent.
- The boot has removable EVA footbed with memory foam to repel water effectively.
- The UltraDry waterproof system manages the moisture. It helps in keeping the feet dry and warm.
- The ScentBan lining prevents microbial growth. Thus bad odor is controlled.
The Irish Setter is renowned for delivering top quality footwear to the hunting enthusiasts. The Irish Setter hunting boots will meet your expectations. The technologies installed in the boots impart the hunter with ultimate performance.
The PrimaLoft insulation technique keeps your foot warm and dry. Thus you can hunt in winters without freezing your feet.
The performance of the boots is maximized with ultra dry waterproof technology.
The scentban lining gets rid of the bad smell.
The Camouflage makes the hunter inconspicuous in the forest and grassland fields.
During the whole hunting activity, you won’t be bothered by your feet. It is a must have boots.
- Excellent water resistant mechanism.
- Comfortable and durable.
- Prevents bad odor.
- The weight of the boot can bother some hunters.
Chasing the animal demands your arms and feet equipped in reliable ways. The hunter’s life depends on the hunting gear.
All the boots mentioned above are supplied with the technologies to satiate your instinct for hunting and make the whole experience successful. The boots are a pivotal part of hunting gear. Appropriate hunting boots will let you live your dream.
Slip on your hunting boots and live the adventure.
Related post: List of Best Tree Climbing Boots
How to Choose the Best Hunting Boots - Buyer's Guide
Cold feet with blisters and burns is a nightmare for the hunter. The right pair of hunting boots is a necessity for a happy hunting adventure. Even the most avid hunters can be distracted in the field by feet and boot issues. Your focus should be absolute on your prey when adrenaline is running through your veins.
Choosing the best hunting boots is challenging. The technological advances have helped the companies in designing the best possible boots. To avoid ruining your days in the field, you should take into consideration the following aspects before purchasing a hunting pair of boots.
Dampened feet on a cold day is a nightmare for a hunter.
The moisture management system is the most vital requirement of a pair of hunting boots. If you are treading through snow or wet areas, your feet should be dry. Even if you are hunting in grassland, the dew filled grass will expose your feet to enough moisture.
Waterproof boots will let you tread through puddles without wetting your socks.
Different hunting boots companies offer different technologies to cope with waterproofness.
The GORE-TEX lining is installed which provides adequate moisture management. The Gore-Tex lining prevents the water molecules from penetrating the boot. It will keep the feet dry and warm.
The functionality of Gore-Tex membrane will be affected by repeated exposure to wet terrains.
Just blocking out external water is not enough. When you are actively hunting, lots of warm blood circulates actively in your feet leading to perspiration. Thus it is necessary to provide sufficient vent holes in the boots to allow the perspiration to leave the boots.
As a hunter has to spend lots of hours in the field, breathability mechanisms are crucial to keeping your feet dry and comfy.
Breathability is a requirement in both summers, as well as winters. Breathability prevents the feet from getting sweaty in summers, and your feet remain cool.
Gore-Tex lining, max-wick lining, or just a mesh lining is provided to keep the boot breathable. It pushes the water droplets out of the porous membrane and keeps the feet dry. So wet feet will not pose a problem to the hunter.
Breathable boots prevent blistering and burn to the feet. So your feet stay healthy and comfortable.
A hunter’s expedition includes traveling in toughest terrains. The outsoles of the boots are designed in a way to offer maximized traction.
Preventing hits and falls in crucial in hunting endeavor. A hunter can encounter slippery and uneven surfaces frequently especially if he is climbing the mountain.
The rubber outsoles inhibit the hunter from slipping and falling. Different grooves and patterns are designed in the outsoles of the hunting boots which impart sufficient traction. But the outsoles are also made lighter to offer high mobility.
So traction is an absolute necessity.
Along with breathability, durability, insulation and waterproofness, Comfort is a fundamental requirement. You have to wear the hunting boots from morning till midnight.
The material of the boots is made comfortable. The insole and footbeds are made in a way to provide comfort and convenience to the wearer.
The hunting boots are manufactured to target long hour hunting expedition.So if the boots are not cozy and comfortable, your whole hunting experience will be a fiasco.
How to Choose a Good Hunting Boot
Choose the Right Hunting Boots - Infographic
Finally, you should take the pair of socks you will be wearing during hunting with you while shopping for hunting boots. Try the boots with the socks. It will help you understand the proper fitting.
Also, boots take some break-in time. So wear the hunting boots several times before tucking your feet finally in for hunting adventure.
Invest properly in the right pair of hunting boots. Enjoy the thrill and excitement of hunting.