10 Best Tree Climbing Boots of 2018
Trust me when I say, falling from tree regardless of whether from a 6-feet height or a 20-foot drop is not a situation you would want yourself in. The number of times I have injured myself as a result of wearing the inappropriate or uncomfortable footwear is too unusually high, which is why I take my tree-climbing footwear very seriously and so should you.
To make your quest of finalizing upon the ideal tree climbing boots for you and your individual needs relatively easier, I have reviewed an extensive list of the top most selling Tree Climbing Boots of 2018.
Check it out!
Top 10 Best Tree Climbing Boots 2018 - Comparison Table
|Nevados Men's Boomerang II Mid Hiking Boot||Check Price||Leather & Textile||Rubber|
|Hi-Tec Men's Altitude IV Waterproof Hiking Boot||Check Price||Leather & Synthetic||Multi- Directional Traction Rubber Outsole|
|Timberland Men's White Ledge Waterproof Boot||Check Price||Full Grain Leather||Rubber Sole With BSFP Motion Efficiency System|
|Scarpa Men's Crux Approach Hiking Shoe||Check Price||Leather & Textile||Vibram Sole|
|Salewa Men's ALP Trainer Mid GTX Technical Approach Shoe||Check Price||Leather & Synthetic||Vibram Sole|
|Scarpa Fuego Mountaineering Boot||Check Price||Leather||Vibram Sole|
|La Sportiva Trango Cube GTX Mountaineering Boot||Check Price||Synthetic||Vibram Sole|
|Salewa Men's Mountain Trainer Mid Gtx Hiking Boot||Check Price||Suede leather and Fabric||Vibram Rubber Sole|
|Wesco Highliner™ 16" Spur Climbing Boots||Check Price||Full-Grain Leather||Leather|
|La Sportiva Makalu Mountaineering Boot||Check Price||Idro-Perwanger leather||Skywalk MPE|
Nevados Men's Boomerang II Mid Hiking Boot - (Lightweight Tree Climbing Boots)
- The boot is composed of leather and textile.
- There is a rubber sole to provide traction and grip.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is approximately 4.5 inches.
- The boot opening measurement is about 10 inches.
- The upper of the boot is composed of suede leather and contains nylon mesh underlays.
- The footbed is molded EVA.
- There is a nylon sock liner.
- The cup sole is composed of carbon rubber.
- There is metal lacing hardware.
- A padded tongue and collar provide comfort and support to the feet.
The Nevados boots provide exceptional qualities at an affordable price range. The suede leather is soft and pliable. The nylon mesh underlays provide breathability in the boots. It keeps your feet healthy and dry. The molded EVA footbed provides elasticity and comfort to the feet in long hour climbing adventures.
The brushed nylon sock liner wicks away moisture produced due to sweat. So it prevents blisters and burns. The boots are big and wide, so you should order a half size smaller for improved fitting. The carbon rubber cup sole provides slip resistance. The metal lacing hardware is fast and safe. The padded tongue and collar add to the comfort. The rubber outsole provides excellent grip and traction to ascend the tree safely.
- Slip Resistant.
- The sole cannot withstand rough terrains.
- Not suitable for summer climbing expeditions.
Hi-Tec Men's Altitude IV Waterproof Hiking Boot - (Technological Climbing Boots)
- The boot is manufactured with leather and synthetic material.
- The sole of the boots is made up of rubber.
- Place an order with a ½ size up.
- The rubber outsole is multi-directional traction.
- The upper of the boot is manufactured with waterproof material.
- The leather of the boot has sealed seams.
- The brass hardware incorporated in the boots is rust proof and resists corrosion.
- The midsole of the boot is injection-molded EVA.
- The moisture-wicking lining keeps the feet dry and fresh.
- A fully gusseted tongue to protect the feet.
- The lacing mechanism is 4 loop/ 2-speed-hook.
- A steel shank keeps the boot sturdy and protects the feet.
The Hi-Tec boots are renowned for providing boots equipped with top class technologies to the customers. The high-quality nubuck leather provides exceptional durability, and you can use these boots for years. The construction of these boots guarantees waterproofness due to sealed seams.
The multi-directional traction outsole enhances the balance of the climber and provides traction in rugged and wet terrains. The brass hardware provides resistance to damage.
The injection molded EVA midsole is lightweight and provides comfort and flexibility to the feet. The tongue of the boot is fully gusseted to block any foreign item to enter the boot. Hence keeps the feet padded and secure. The breathability provided by the boot membrane is also excellent. The moisture-wicking lining provides good moisture management system. The lacing mechanism is four loop/ two-speed-hook. There is a steel shank for rigidity. These boots are suitable for tree climbing as they provide protection to the feet and resist wear and tear.
- High Durability.
- Not designed for extremely rough climbing terrains.
Timberland Men's White Ledge Waterproof Boot - (Light Approach Climbing Boots)
- These boots are composed of leather.
- There is a rubber sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is approximately 5 inches.
- The leather of the boot resists attrition.
- The construction of the boots is seam sealed and waterproof.
- The lacing mechanism is gunmetal-tone D-ring.
- The collar and tongue of the boot are padded to provide support and comfort.
- There is EVA footbed which is removable.
- There is a rubber lug sole. It incorporates B.S.F.P. motion efficiency system.
Timberland boots will get you to the summit. The boot is manufactured with high-quality leather. Hence it does not depreciate with time. It is impregnated with waterproof technologies. The seam sealed footwear keeps your feet dry and cool. The D-ring laces are secure and easier to manage.
The EVA footbed is soft and flexible. The B.S.F.P. motion efficiency system provides enhanced traction. This motion efficiency system increases the durability of the boots. On the downside, the boots have some scuff marks due to oiled leather finish.
- Scuff marks due to oily leather polish.
- Not meant for harsh weather climbing.
Scarpa Men's Crux Approach Hiking Shoe - (Tough Approach Climbing Boots)
- The boots are manufactured with leather and textile.
- There is a rubber sole.
- The forefoot webbing is strengthened with Kevlar.
- The rubber toe and heel rand provide protection to the feet.
- There is a microporous EVA midsole.
- The sole is Vibram vertical along with sticky rubber. It enhances the grip of the feet.
- The to-the-toe lacing mechanism increases the grip of the feet in the boot.
The Scarpa boots are meant for a rough climbing expedition. The suede of the boot is tough. The kevlar webbing protects the forefoot. The heel and toe are secured with rubber rand. The sole provides support and traction while climbing. The Scarpa boots are environment-friendly. They are manufactured with polyester that is 50% recycled. The midsole provides comfort and breathability. These boots are sturdy and protect your feet.
- Protection & Support.
- Sufficient traction not provided.
Salewa Men's ALP Trainer Mid GTX Technical Approach Shoe - (Technical Approach Climbing Boots)
- The boots are manufactured with leather and synthetic material.
- There is Vibram sole.
- The measurement of the shaft from the arch is approximately 6 inches.
- It’s a mid-cut hiking boot.
- The upper has Gore-Tex membrane to provide comfort and waterproofness.
- The boot bears a climbing lacing system.
- There is an EVA midsole.
- The next generation multi-fit footbed.
- The NXT odor control manages bad odor.
- The outsole is Vibram Hike Approach.
Salewa boots are the best in versatility. The boot is equipped with technologies to make your climbing experience memorable. The deep grooves in the Vibram outsole provide excellent traction. Another property of Vibram outsole is that it is self-cleaning. The 3F system connecting the instep of the boot to the sole and heel provide support, fitting and flexibility to the feet. The climbing laces help adjust the feet perfectly. The multi-fit footbed incorporated two interchangeable layers to adjust a variety of feet sizes.
The Gore-Tex lining keeps the feet dry, breathable, and cool. The Salewa boot is also worn resistant. The EVA midsole provides added comfort. The cleansport NXT incorporates 100% fresh silver that inhibits bacterial growth. Silver kills the enzymes necessary for bacterial growth. Hence the bad odor is prevented. The durability and breathability provided are also appreciable.
- Bad odor control mechanism.
- Not targeted for extremely rough and tough climbing terrains.
Scarpa Fuego Mountaineering Boot - (Warmest Climbing boots)
- The boot is composed of leather.
- The sole is Vibram.
- There is a double tongue for perfect fitting.
- The tongue is gusseted for enhanced protection.
- The upper is rough out. Hence durability is enhanced.
- The boot has high cuffs.
- The boot incorporated a TPU insert for Crampon.
- D-ring lacing technique.
- The construction of the boots is ideal for forest climbing and wildland firefighters.
- Best designed mountaineering boots.
Scarpa provides the customers with a multitude of technologies to enhance performance. These boots are designed for extremely rough cold climbing excursions.
The Vibram sole is shock absorbent and improves grip and traction on the terrain. The double gusseted tongue provides comfort, protection, and support for the feet. The upper of the boot is designed to withstand extreme harsh climate. It resists scraping and damage while keeping the feet warm and cozy. The D-ring lacing technique helps fit the feet snugly into the boots. These boots are waterproof and durable. You can use these boots for years.
- Protect from harsh frosty weather.
- Highly Durable.
- Not designed for summer climbing endeavors.
- A bit heavy for some.
La Sportiva Trango Cube GTX Mountaineering Boot - Men's - (Mountaineering Climbing Boots)
- The boot is composed of synthetic material.
- The upper of the boot is seamless and waterproof and bears protective rand.
- There is a direct inject lacing system.
- There is an EVA midsole.
- The tongue of the boot composed of soft, stretchable fabric is integrated and removable.
- The Vibram sole with impact brake system is provided.
- The seamless technology incorporated in the boot is outstanding.
The La Sportiva have a reputation for designing high-technology boots for climbers. The QB3 fabric of the boots provides excellent insulation from the water. The fabric resists corrosion and wear and tear. The Vibram rubber rand protects your feet from shock, injuries, and scratches.
The boot has Gore-Tex lining which provides comfort, breathability, and waterproofness. There is an EVA midsole to impart added comfort to the boot. The boot is equipped with TPU to insert for rear crampon attachment. The Vibram sole with impact brake system is shock absorbent and protects the wearer from accidental falls.
- Highly Durable.
- Shock Absorbent
- Not targeted for hot and humid terrains.
Salewa Men's Mountain Trainer Mid Gtx Hiking Boot - (Summer Climbing Boot)
- The boot is manufactured with 1.6 mm layer of suede leather and fabric.
- The upper of the boot bears a 360-degree rubber band.
- The boot has Vibram sole.
- The boot incorporates Salewa patented technologies to maximize performance.
- The footbed of the boot is customizable.
- The climbing to-the-toe laces help fit the feet precisely.
- The 3F system provides support and stability to the ankle and heel.
- The heel contains foam padding that adapts to the shape of the feet.
- The midsole incorporates the bilight technology.
The Salewa boots are manufactured to alpine mountaineering. They serve equally well for tree climbing. One main observation is that these boots are only meant for summer climbing adventures. These boots are lightweight. The upper of the boot is manufactured with materials that are resistant to depreciation.
The boot is 100% guaranteed to resist blisters and burns. The multi-fit footbed adapts to the shape of your feet. The lacing is to the toe which fits the feet precisely in the boot. The 3F system connects to the lacing area and provides optimal support. This connection enhances the foot control. The dual density midsole bears bilight technology which provides great comfort to the foot. The Gore-Tex membrane is beneficial for weather protection. The walkability is enhanced with the Vibram sole. The durability and breathability of the boots are commendable.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Not intended for cold weather climbing.
Wesco Highliner™ 16" Spur Climbing Boots - (Strongest Climbing Boot)
- The boots are manufactured with high-quality leather.
- The boots are manufactured in the USA.
- The sole is made up of leather material.
- The insole of the boots is made up of full-leather. It is sweat resistant.
- The vamp of the boot is also made up of full-leather.
- The steel shank is corrosion resistant and a bit arched.
- The hardened toe protects from injuries.
- The Ortholite Drilex inserts of the boots are extremely comfortable.
- Heavy stitching enhances the strength of the boots.
The Highliner boots are targeted for the climbing enthusiasts. The steel shank and highl sides protect the leg from injuries during climbing. The insole and slip-on inserts of the boots are designed to provide maximized comfort to the climber. The safety of the climber is ensured by the steel shank and tall sides. The steel shank resists wear and tear.
The insole of the boot is sweat resistant which contributes to the breathability. The inserts of the boots are Ortholite Drilex which are comfortable like foam and impart flexibility, light weight, and breathability. The ortholite inserts also inhibit microbial growth, so your feet stay healthy and odor free. The boots are manufactured to minimize fatigue. You can wear these boots on long tree climbing adventures without feeling exhausted. The durability of these boots is high.
- A little expensive.
La Sportiva Makalu Mountaineering Boot - (Best Tree Climbing Shoes)
- The boots are manufactured with leather.
- The insole of the boot is 8mm Mtn Flex. The steel shank is 1.5mm dacromet coated.
- The steel shank is crampon compatible.
- The upper of the boots is Idro-Perwanger roughout leather.
- The eyelets incorporate Rollerball hardware. The boot has steel rollerball eyelets.
- The lacing mechanism supports D-ring strategy.
- The lining of the boots is Dry Best.
- The sole of the boot is SkyWalk MPE.
- The toe is protected with VIBRAM rubber.
La Sportiva is renowned for manufacturing top class climbing boots. These boots are equipped with a multitude of technologies to help the climber in the best possible ways. These boots are strong and sturdy.
The Idro-Perwanger upper of the boot is extremely durable and water resistant. Along with that, the upper provides ample breathability. The D-ring lacing mechanism locks the laces effortlessly. It allows perfect fitting of the feet in the boots. The boot supports Dry-Best lining. It provides an active moisture management system. It keeps the feet dry and cool. The burly rough out leather upper can withstand weathering for years.
These boots are ideal for climbing the trees.
- Highly Durable.
- Withstand wear and tear for years.
The tree climbing enthusiasts demand credible boots. The boots are supplied with technologies to aid in the climbing adventure. All the tree climbing boots discussed above help the climbers make their climbing fun filled and adventurous.
All these boots are genuinely made for climbing expeditions. You should choose the footwear as per your needs.
Happy tree climbing!
You may also enjoy reading our list of best hunting boots.
How to Choose the Best Tree Climbing Boots - Buyer's Guide
The arboricultural industry is progressing day by day. Arborists have different objectives for tree climbing. Some do it for work, while others for fun and study. Tree climbing is an arduous task. Your gear should be up for the challenge. With the help of proper boots, it can be accomplished with ease.
Selecting functional boots for tree climbing pursuit can be tricky. The choice of the boot will have an impact on the experience of the climb. We will be discussing here the factors that you should keep in mind before purchasing a boot for tree climbing.
Tree climbing adventure can demand you to cross streams and puddles. Also, the weather conditions can be unpredictable. Your boots should be completely waterproof. Cold and wet feet can make your climbing experience really miserable. The climbing boots are usually equipped with the Gore-Tex lining to enable waterproofness. This breathable lining inhibits water from soaking the feet and socks. Hence keeps your feet dry and cool.
Safety of the climber is very essential. To ensure safety crampon attachment gear is supplied in the climbing boots. Crampon attachment gear keeps the climber secure in high altitudes. The TPU insert is incorporated in the boots for crampon attachment.
The climber can have to spend hours in crampons. So your boots should be up for this task. The soles of the boots are designed to withstand long hours in crampons.
Along with all the technologies, comfort is an essential requirement. The boots should be comfortable as your feet will have to spend hours in the boots. Especially as you ascend the tree, the strain on the feet increases. The climbing boots have EVA midsole. It is comfortable and flexible. It keeps a snug feel to your feet from heel to toe and keeps fatigue at bay.
The boots should be sturdy and strong to withstand the harsh climate as well as abrasion. The boots upper and sole should have high durability and longevity. The climbing requires the boots to be directly scratching the tree surface. So the upper and sole is designed in a way to withstand weathering.
Traction & Grip:
Footwear with effective traction and grip is indispensable. The sole should be designed in a way to provide maximum grip while ascending a tree. The climber should not slip and trip. The outsole of the climbing boots is provided with scientific techniques to increase traction. The grooves allow the climber to have a firm grip on the surface of the tree.
The boots should be breathable. As the activity increases, the blood flow to your feet also increments. It results in more sweat. Your boots should have mesh lining or vent holes to evaporate the water while keeping the feet dry and cool. Hot and humid feet can be a big turn down in summer climbing endeavor.
Pick the Perfect Boot for Tree Climbing
Along with all the characteristics mentioned above, your boots should have high durability so that your investment holds good for years. The boots should also have toe protection to protect your toes and fingers from injuries. Good tree climbing boots add to your comfort while keeping you safe and secure while moving through the canopy.
Buy a pair of boots keeping all these metrics in mind. It will make your climbing expeditions more entertaining and less stressful.