The Salomon brand produces the Best Salomon Hiking Shoes. Moreover, Adidas has been playing in the French Alps since 1947. Their passion for outdoor sports, new technologies, and craftsmanship still drive them to create progressive gear to allow you to freely enjoy and challenge yourself outdoors.
People take less time to connect with nature in a society where speed and stress have taken over. So the brand has pledged to make the footwear Best Salomon Hiking Shoes so comfortable that play shall be the essence and to create experiences for the generation that make people live the joy of sports throughout time.
We have picked 10 of the best Salomon Hiking Shoes to analyze. We will look at their many technological characteristics, features, worth for money, and achievement.
- First, Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX
- Second, Salomon Men’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX
- Third, Salomon Men’s X Ultra Mid 2 GTX Multifunctional Hiking Boot
- Also, Salomon Forces Quest 4D Burro
- Besides, Salomon Men’s X Ultra Trek GTX Backpacking Boot
- Moreover, Salomon Utility TS CSWP Winter wear a hiking boot
- Salomon’s Men’s Authentic LTR GTX backpacking boot
- XA Forces mid-GTX Salomon Hiking Boots
- Forces Speed Assault
- Finally, Forces Jungle Ultra
Best Salomon Hiking Shoes – Comparison Table
Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX – Best Hiking Boot
- Nylon and leather construction
- Gore-Tex liner
- Contra Grip rubber grip
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
- Weight: 640grams
Salomon has crafted a mid-weight hiking model that builds comfortable and supportive boots, providing the ankle stability that hikers require. Perfect for its light and elegant feel, the original Salomon Quest 4D GTX quickly became a go-to hiking boot for severe day hikers.
This GTX is a high-performance contender, destined to tackle rough and uneven terrain easily. The updated Contra grip sole provides excellent traction across various surfaces on and off the trail, and the 4D Advanced Chassis gives foot support and superior torsion balance.
The performance was excellent, even with an overloaded pack full of gear to test. The tall boot height easily wraps over and around the ankle. The ankle height is 6 inches (ca. 15 cm) from the insole to the top collar, which is quite tall for a boot in this category.
The Contra grip rubber holds its place. They are impressively in grip on the dry stuff and shed mud and clay quite well in the wet.
The sturdy nylon and leather construction, gusseted tongue, and Gore-Tex liner make the Quest 4D 2 an excellent performer in the wet. The outer fabric sheds water well, and even after heavy rainfall, our feet remained completely dry on some early-season hikes.
The nylon mesh design means they’ll outperform a standard full leather boot; the in-boot experience remains a bit muggy on high-temperature desert hikes.
- It feels lighter than it weighs on the trail.
- Great for moving fast without compromising on stability.
- Performance fit with a stable lacing system.
- High Traction Contra grip sole.
- Protective rubber toe cap.
- Relatively thin underfoot, you feel the trail more than a typical mid-weight backpacking boot.
- Snug fit doesn’t work for everyone.
Salomon Men’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX
Salomon’s Ultra mid GTX felt a lot like a supportive trail-running shoe. It’s flexible and has padding in the collar, and the insole provides enough cushioning. X Ultra boots deliver what it needs for day hiking and lightweight backpacking.
Salomon redesigned its outsoles for improved traction. This design can be seen mainly at the heel, which trades solid rubber for a series of gill-like cutouts to bite into the ground.
The Contra grip outsoles perform well in soft mud, hard dirt, and a decent amount of snow travel. And significantly, the rubber compound will not deteriorate or chip away even after hiking on granite.
The shoe is flexible underfoot, but the low-profile midsole and stable platform offer enough pieces for rocky trails. The Gore-Tex lining is supportive of waterproofing. The reinforced synthetic upper material protects the mesh from tears; the substantial toe cap is also in excellent condition over continuous usage.
This version includes Salomon’s signature Quick lace system. The laces fit around the foot with a single motion.
- Flexible and the comfort of a cushioned and padded insole
- Contra Grip and rubber outsole
- Gore-Tex lining with waterproof
- Quick lace system
- Lightweight performance.
- Aggressive and nimble
- There is no compromise in comfort or durability.
- Planted feel, solid toe, and underfoot protection for rough hikes.
- The Gore-Tex version runs pretty warmly.
- The Quick lace system is sometimes uncomfortable.
- You might need a more protective boot if climbing a technically rough trail.
Salomon Men’s X Ultra Mid 2 GTX Multifunctional Hiking Boot
The Salomon Men’s X Ultra Mid GTX Multifunctional Hiking Boot is excellent for hikers. GORE-TEX technology provides comfort in any climate, protecting from wet environments and other conditions. These Best Salomon Hiking Shoes are rugged and durable, without compromising on flexibility, and give pleasure similar to a sneaker.
The EVA midsole offers comfort and helps you avoid fatigue and sore feet. The insole is Ortho-lite. All these features connect to give you a sure footing. The shoes with Contra Grip technology have a grip on both wet and loose rocks and muddy trails.
The ankle and side supports are also liked by the users, who stated that the shoe has ample protection from water-related injuries. The feet remain dry for long hours without any hot spots or blisters.
For hiking long miles in rough terrains and daily rough use, the Best Salomon Hiking Shoes are sturdy enough, according to the users. The strategic design and the stylish look impressed the users thoroughly. However, a few users felt that the shoe was a bit narrow.
- Gore-Tex technology for better water protection
- EVA midsole to protect feet from blisters
- Sturdy Best Salomon Hiking Shoes for long hikes
- No compromise on flexibility and durability
- Offers fit and are breathable
- They are well and provide no traction problem.
- We can clean them up quickly.
- Some dampness may get in, especially when you sweat a lot. The tread on the soles is not so good and doesn’t provide a superior grip in slippery conditions.
- The padding on the shoe is very thick and might cause chafing.
Salomon Forces Quest 4D Burro
The FORCES Quest 4D from Salomon is a full-size hiking boot and assault shoe hybrid. The rugged Chassis provides all the stability required for climbing hike trails. It has lace eyelets that support and hike operations. The FORCES Quest 4D can take you across heights on target.
The Quest 4D GTX was voted one of the top 10 best Salomon Hiking Shoes and used by the special forces community in the US.
The Quest boot uppers are constructed with a combination of nylon and split leather. The boot design has a rubber toe cap that protects stubbed toes, bumps, and other frontal foot impacts.
A plastic heel guard and a midsole tread design are for fast roping. The mesh-lined ankle collar at the rear of the ankle helps to minimize friction at the wearer’s ankle.
Each boot lined with a GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort membrane is for waterproofing and added comfort. The tongue is made with nylon, leather reinforcement on the upper half, and is padded to absorb some of the lace pressure.
- Made of nylon and split leather upper
- Protection with rubber toe cap
- Midsole tread for a better hike
- Mesh ankle collar
- Removable Ortho lite and Soft Toe
- Lightweight, abrasion-resistant textile
- Nubuck leather overlays provide structure
- GORE-TEX membranes offer protection from water but allow moisture to escape and keep feet from overheating.
- GORE-TEX membrane might heat the feet in high temperatures and cause sore feet.
- Not more waterproof.
The Salomon Men’s X Ultra Trek GTX Backpacking Boot
The Ultra Trek GTX is lightweight Best Salomon Hiking Shoes with excellent traction and helps to move on rough trails along with the waterproof feature. The sole is flexible, and the grip is right on all the paths.
The height of the ankle is good enough not to let water and debris inside. The Best Salomon Hiking Shoes deliver support, comfort, and traction. It has a minimal break-in period and an accurate fit.
The Contra Grip outsole of Salomon has multi-directional lugs that hold an excellent grip and durability. The EVA foam used in the product is sturdy, shock absorbent, and the shank supports and provides torsion. It offers a durable cushion and breathability to the hiking shoe.
The upper fabric is of Nubuck full-grain leather. Nu buck leather is wear-resistant, and full-grain leather ensures durability. The heel cap protects the feet and offers stability. It has a padded collar and tongue for additional comfort. The Gore-Tex technology allows breathability and waterproofing.
- The insulation feature handles the cold climate.
- EVA foam footbed for better comfort
- Contra Grip to hold a better grip
- Shock absorbent and breathability
- The traction is excellent and non-slippery on all surfaces
- Minimal break-in period
- Lightweight and is best for long-period treks
- The high ankle can affect the flexibility
- The narrow fit of the size
Salomon Utility TS CSWP Winter
Utility TS protects with excellent grip, and stability, a go-to winter boot. The product offers high ankle height with leather fabric for the upper that is waterproof, breathable, and durable. The EVA Ortho-lite footbed with EVA midsole provides comfort, and the Contra Grip and Ice grip outsole give stability to the hiker.
The boots are insulated and keep the feet unusually warm. They are intended for mountaineering and trekking in alpine regions. The lace-up secures the feet, and the shaft measures five inches from the arch, thus providing ample ankle support.
- Have an excellent grip and stable
- Waterproof, breathable, and durable
- EVA midsole provides comfort
- Secure feet through lace
- Water-resistant leather
- Thinsulate insulation
- Ortho-lite footbed for comfort
- Protective heel cap
The lacing system pinches a bit
Salomon’s Men’s Authentic LTR GTX backpacking boot
The LTR GTX blends with comfort and durability at a reasonable price. The Gore-Tex technology offers waterproof, and breathability features to the boots. Also, it keeps the feet dry and fresh throughout the hike. The Best Salomon Hiking Shoes put up the rugged style and deliver classic style and comfort.
The Contra Grip outsole offers excellent traction and the air mesh lining for breathability and comfort. The heel cap is protective and foam for added comfort. The tongue keeps out the mud and debris from inside. The lightweight boots can be used long without stressing the feet.
The internal sense fit technology covers the heel strap for comfort in rough terrain.
- Sense fit technology
- Comfort and durability
- Good traction and air mesh lining
- Protective heel cap
- It gives warmth and lightweight
- Long term durability
- Excellent ankle support
- Great grip on slippery surfaces
The boot is tight and not fitting for wide-foot hikers
XA Forces Mid-GTX
The boots are lightweight and flexible in all terrain conditions. The Chassis between the outsole and midsole ensure that the trek is stable and secure. The shoe has a protective rubber toe cap and mudguard, and the midsole provides comfort.
The signature quick lace adjusts the fit of the boots with ease. The extra lace under the tongue can be hidden to make it more comfortable and durable in winter and wet weather.
- Lightweight and flexible
- Midsole ensures a stable and secured trek
- Protective rubber toe cap and heel caps
- Contra Grip traction outsole
- Outer leather fabric
- Waterproof construction
- Mesh upper that prevents debris from getting in
Less breathability in the mesh fabric
Forces Speed Assault
The Forces Speed Assault is an aggressive trek shoe, lightweight and has excellent grip. The ankle collar is soft and padded to provide comfort and flexibility.
The fit is perfect, the breathable material keeps the feet dry, and the tongue doesn’t allow the debris to get in. The boot is light, fast, and flexible. The sturdy boot can handle the heavy trail, and the cushion gives the ankle better support.
The toe cap provides the required protection, and the strength of the heel cap gives the perfect stability. The Ortho-lite liner is a popular fabric that increases flexibility and multi-directional lugs.
- Lightweight and great grip
- Stable and breathable
- Better ankle support
- Upper fast-drying materials
- Quick lace system
- Anti-debris mesh
- The heel collar is fit, and the ankle support
- There is no arch support
- Boots are a bit narrow
Forces Jungle Ultra
The boots are made for high stability and comfort for a long duration, even in hot and humid climates. The boot’s outer fabric is drying and breathable. The drainage hole in the shoes helps the water to gush out. The upper material is made of Nubuck leather and the water-resistant.
The hydrophobic foam plays a perfect part in wet and jungle treks. An EVA midsole makes the boots very comfortable and is swamp-ready.
- Hydrophobic foam and EVA midsole
- High stability and comfort
- Drainage hole in the boot
Pros Best Salomon Hiking Shoes
- High stability
- No sore feet, even in long-term usage
Cons Best Salomon Hiking Shoes
- Non- insulated
The perfect hiking boot should be luxurious, comfortable, rugged, and well-fitted. The Salomon boots have all the qualities for taking up serious challenges. They are tough, highly breathable, and offer comfort, a cushioning grip, and an excellent fit.
The brand has continuously reinvented and made progress in the boots, striving to give the best to everyone they play. Salomon is the most technical footwear manufacturer in the industry. Their innovation and signature styling of multi-sport trainers, walking shoes, and hiking boots have gathered a lot of followers from all manner of people.