Travelling is always exciting. The Galapagos travel reviews suggest some best travel ideas and guide you in the best possible manner to make your holidays memorable. Hence before planning any trip, consult us to make your travel experience pleasant. Certain stressful factors are seen to associate with traveling.
First, It could be challenging for travelers to hurl their luggage. Also, it can always put on some stress during your traveling period. Therefore, you must consider your traveling style and choose luggage that can cater to all your needs.
Here is a list of some essential things to remember while choosing the right travel luggage for your vacation to ease your stress.
Suitcase vs. Backpack
Galapagos travel reviews suggest you go for bags rather than backpacks, and there are some right reasons for this choice which are mentioned below in this article:
Easy to carry
Taking backpacks through airports with lots of people and traffic is not easy. Travelers must stay at ease throughout their traveling period, so suitcases are more straightforward to move and maneuver easily in traffic.
Backpacks are heavier than luggage, and they can cause some health issues. Wheels at suitcases allow you to roll and drag your luggage with ease. One of the most important reasons for choosing bags over backpacks is this.
When selecting a backpack, ensure that it does not offer organization scope and that you are supposed to access the stuff loaded at the top of the packs, while the things which are down under are tough to obtain.
And if something important is there, you must remove all the top items to get your hands over it, which is often annoying. With a suitcase, you can get a clear view of all your stuff which you have just packed as soon as you open it.
Carrying a suitcase is always a smart thing to look at, while holding backpacks with much stress never gives a good impression.
Hard suitcase vs. soft suitcase
Always prepare your travel luggage as per your needs. You should know the reason for your traveling. Are you moving around for fun or some business activity?
Sometimes you are carrying breakable and delicate items which can break easily; for anyone taking such fragile items, the hand carry-on is perfect. Especially when you are on vacation in harsh climate areas. When you select hard-casing luggage, you get better protection for your delicate and breakable items.
If you are looking for added storage, soft luggage is a perfect choice for you. Most of the soft bags are expandable so that more items can be adjusted inside, especially if you are traveling for a long time.
Therefore, we can conclude that choosing soft suitcases is an idea if you are traveling with no breakable or delicate stuff. You can also put some items in the overhead compartments in quiet carry-on affairs.
Never purchase a carry-on that is too large; find out your travel period. You can pick up two bags if you stay long and have many items to pack.
Some people can survive well with minor items. A smaller carry-on is always an ideal choice. If you choose the airlines for traveling, you need to ask about their domestic requirements, for example, regarding the size of your luggage.
Some airlines only allow small carry-on; in this case, you should purchase the suitcase with approximately 21 x 13 x 9, ideally weighing about 15 to 20 pounds.
For some favorite carry-on sizes, find the breakdown mentioned below:
- If you are traveling abroad, most of the international carry-on extent allowed is 18-20 inches.
- 21-22 is the most popular size of luggage which is considered a great size, allows much space, and is still light enough to carry. Without much hassle, you can travel for a month.
- Medium-sized luggage would be enough if you are traveling with your loved one; in this case, you must purchase a carry-on of 23 to 24 inches.
- A group of people prefer extra space; in this case, the ideal size for carrying on is 25 to 27 inches, especially if you have many clothing items. Also, those traveling with their families can have sizeable luggage to fit many people’s belongings in one carry-on to restrict the number of their bags.
- The size of a travel suitcase ranges from 28 to 32 inches. It is too bulky, and its maneuvering is not easy as well. This kind of suitcase is ideal for anyone settling at some place for a long time as it can cater to many items.
It is always advisable to select two medium-sized suitcases to cater to all your needs compared to one large bag, which is too heavy to handle.
In all actuality, you’ll need to pay additional. Yet, it’ll be justified, despite all the trouble, since you won’t need to stress over stuffing everything into one pack or bringing about overweight charges when going back home with a few reminders.
The color of the suitcase
You need to purchase a bag or briefcase with unique colors and prints; by doing this, it would be easier to find your luggage at the airport. Similar color bags are sometimes accidentally mistaken for someone else’s bag. So always go for unique features as you make your suitcase selection.
There are two options for wheel choices; some suitcases have two wheels while some have four. The bags with two wheels are ordinary since they are lighter to handle and run.
On the stairs, you can also easily pull up the bag without needing to lift it. On the other hand, cases of these types sometimes tip over with ease.
The suitcases with four wheels stand vertically, allowing them to roll easily in crowded places such as inside the aircraft. Some new suitcases with locking wheels are ideal since they don’t let the bag move away.
The material of the suitcase
The travelers have to ensure that their luggage’s content should be waterproof and treated inside with sealant so that their belongings are kept dry in case of rain.
Sometimes, the luggage is on a muddy or sticky wet surface. And if the material is waterproof, it will not allow moisture to penetrate the suitcase, and the things packed inside it remain dry.
If there is no sealant resistant to moisture on your bag, try to line the sides of your luggage, both top, and bottom, with plastic bags to keep the fundamental things dry in case the suitcase gets wet from outside.
Some suitcases are available in the market with adjustable straps. The straps help to keep the belongings compressed and make them more secure. So it is always essential to check out for the suitcase straps before making any purchase.
Sometimes, looped clips are located at the top of some travel suitcases. These loops are known as piggyback clips since they allow travelers to clip another smaller-sized bag on top of their giant suitcase.
This ensures that more significant and smaller bags are secured throughout travel. If the piggyback clips are not installed in your carry-on, you can search on the net and buy them online at affordable rates.
When you want to organize your belongings, the compartments come on handy. You can store small liquid shower gels and shampoos in an external pocket, not in the clothes section.
This process ensures that even if there is a little sipping of such products, the clothes and valuable items remain safe. There is an additional benefit of such sections and placing some products in them which are prone to sip as on need you can quickly locate them, and they become much handy.
Security locks are always essential to keep your valuables secure. You need to purchase luggage with security locks whenever you travel to stay carefree during tour travel. Avoid buying bags or suitcases which you cannot lock.
Check your suitcase’s top and side handles, as these handles make maneuvering easier. This fact is significant if you have to lift your luggage overhead somehow.
And place it in some upward compartment in the plane or any bus. While selecting the luggage, make sure that the handles of your suitcase are solid and firm enough to support the extra weight of your belongings.
Another critical reason to keep your luggage small is that sometimes you need to pick it up, and heavy and oversized luggage is problematic, and it is not easy to lift them. Also, try to pack light so that the luggage does not overstress.
The durability of the suitcase
One of the critical things to consider while selecting a suitcase is how durable it is. Remember that you don’t need to waste thousands to get sustainable and functional luggage.
Ensure your luggage is easy to carry and can withstand pressure and travel roughness. Your luggage needs are always variable depending on your activities, the nature of the trip, the style of travel and destination, etc.
Marcey Radar, the health and productivity manager, claims that luggage should be high quality; if you don’t buy good quality luggage, it will make you regret it soon.
If you have selected the wrong baggage, you might experience the suitcase flopping along and broken side handles which can be annoying and make you profoundly uncomfortable.
When you buy high-quality luggage, it can last for a long time. You can be carefree about your baggage during travel if you know that you have selected high-quality luggage. If you have back problems, you need to pack your luggage lightly.
To ensure your luggage is safe, you need travel insurance to keep things safer. You can place your valuables in hand carry only if you can save a strict eye on them or if it is highly prone to be misplaced or stolen.
Always take preventive measures rather than being sorry for negligence. Here are some safety tips to make your travel experience pleasant and free of stress.
- Travel insurances are always helpful in recovering lost or stolen luggage; hence while leaving out, especially for an extended vacation and business trip, always try to get travel insurance so that you remain stress-free throughout your journey.
- If you are careful about your valuables, keep them in hand carry and maintain a strict eye on them so that they remain with you and there is no risk of their misplacement or theft.
- Try to place a mini identity card regarding your name, address, and contact number on the top of the luggage. Make sure that this tag wraps inside a waterproof material and remains safe even on exposure to water and moisture. This fact will help others trace you out if you forget your luggage in some cab or taxi.
- Right after landing, check out for your luggage. If you have missed one, you must contact the airlines and insurance agents immediately.
- Suitcase Shopping tips:
Here are some essential shopping tips for you to make the purchase of your suitcase easier.
- You can check the rates of all the big firms, such as Sierra, REI, Amazon, E bags, Trading post, etc., and compare their prices. All these companies produce high-quality bags, which you can purchase at affordable rates.
- If you are physically visiting the store for bags, you can check the bag’s standard and other features before making the purchase decision. At the store, you can also determine the size, shape, color, and other essential elements which you are looking for in your luggage.
- Many online stores offer a free return policy if you think that bag or luggage is not up to the mark. You can purchase your luggage at Amazon, which offers a return policy. In the same way, eBags also provide a return policy. Place your order within a margin of a few days so that you get some time to return the rejected luggage and order the new and better one.
- Many online retailers offer discounts on signing up for their email updates. This way, you will learn about the incoming deals and discounts, which will help you save money while making a purchase.
- To get better bargains, shop at the seasonal sales where there are many discounts.
3Ms to consider
While making a purchase decision regarding any luggage, here are 3 M’s that you need to think about:
- The movement of the luggage:
The luggage which you are trying to purchase must be easy to move. There are two types of dragging luggage, one with two wheels and one with four. Check out your needs and make the purchase accordingly.
Measurement of luggage is essential. But before purchasing the right luggage for you, it is always advised to estimate the belongings which you are supposed to pack inside. Please don’t go for too many suitcases as they are not easily handled. You can’t even lift them with ease.
The material of the suitcase should be waterproof, as discussed above; the rest of the features, whether its case is soft or hard, depends on your needs. Maybe you have to keep the valuables and delicate objects inside the luggage. In that case, try to purchase the hard shell luggage, which is resistant to wear and tear.
The luggage material
The luggage material is always different, and you must pick the right one that suits your needs. The suitcases are generally of the following material:
All these materials ensure the security of belonging to a great extent. But it would be best if you determined what suits you the most.
Suitcases prevent caving in with the help of polycarbonate hard sides in it. The hard luggage’s significant downsides are prone to scratches easily, and sometimes cracks are also formed on it since the suitcases made up of polycarbonate are strong and in the form of hard shells.
Many travelers consider these suitcases as the best to pack their belongings. The polycarbonate material ensures that the things packed inside the suitcase are safe and well-protected.
The fabric of Nylon is both strong and lighter in weight. The suitcases made of Nylon are considered the safest and most durable. When you select Nylon made suitcases, they allow you to place more things in them as the material is a bit flexible.
Some Nylon suitcases form with the help of similar technology, which they use in military gear. This fact ensures that the stuff packed inside is safe and secure.
Samsonite Pro 4 DLX is an ideal product of Samsonite which is made of Nylon to ensure additional security. They consider as best and safest luggage to travel.
The fabric polyester is regarded as the cheapest of all. It is less durable as compared to other materials which are used for the same purpose. You will find such suitcases almost everywhere in the malls, but their composition is not good enough to make them durable.
They are hence the least suggested suitcases. Especially at Italian airports, where luggage is handled roughly, you cannot even consider purchasing bags made of polyester.
EBags and TLS Mother Lode produce some popular and affordable polyester-based suitcases. If you travel rarely and have fewer safety issues regarding your belongings, you can purchase the polyester-based bag.
Final Tips for the selection of luggage
As discussed above, the luggage you select before traveling is always necessary. Always consider purchasing high-quality luggage to keep yourself free of stress during your travel. Here are some final tips which you always need to consider before making any purchasing decision about suitcases.
- I prefer lightweight and medium-sized luggage, which is easy to be handled. Restrict your belongings, and always leave some space as you pack your suitcases to ensure that they don’t get too heavy or you will fail to lift them.
- High-quality selection is needed; consider the brand and material of your luggage. Check out for its durability and ease of handling it. The material of the baggage must be waterproof to prevent the things inside it from becoming wet.
- To make the process of packing the products, take the help of packing organizers. The packing organizers allow you to fill your stuff and unpack it in a few minutes.
- Check out for wheels, handles, and other security features while making the final decision before purchasing the suitcase or luggage. Never compromise on the quality of the briefcase.